Saturday, August 9, 2008

Breaking my light fitting...

Gosh, what a terrible day. 

I broke my light fitting. Rah. Two nights ago, my bulb started flickering, and last night, it finally died. So i thought that i'd change it this afternoon. Now, goodness knows when was the last time i changed a light bulb, and for this particular light, i don't even remember ever changing it. Well, someone else probably did, considering that this light has been in my room since we moved in (that would have been 15 years ago?). I guess no light bulb ever lasts for 15 years? But anyway, i had to change it this time round.

The casing was kinda stiff so i gave it a tug. And a guy being a guy, i guess i used a bit too much brute force, yup, you can guess where this is going. As i take the casing away, one bit of the bracket mounting falls to the ground. Excellent. I thought it would still be OK considering that there were two more brackets which i can hook onto. Well, after replacing the bulb, i tried to push the casing back on. After some figuring out and trying various ways of putting the casing back on, yup, the second bracket fell to the floor to. 

So, that's that for my light fitting. Its done. Haha.. Time for a new one.... 

Light shopping anyone?

Take care and stay safe,

Mr Goh

1 comment:

Ruth said...

There Sam(son), I can keep a look out for you at Ikea. ;)