Sunday, November 23, 2008

A series of short stories

Hi guys, I have written a series of short stories for you to read while having your LONG holidays.... hahaha.... Let me know what you think alright. Below is Part I. 



An unforgettable day.


I clutched my handphone tightly. To send the SMS or not. I was unsure. I wanted so badly to send out the SMS. Yet, I did not dare to. Looking at the previous messages, I knew I had to do something, yet, I remained hesitant. What if the result wasn’t favorable? What if the answer was ‘no’? What would happen then? Lost and frustrated, I was totally lost and frustrated. Finally, I hit the ‘send’ button on the touch screen handphone.


The message must have gone through a million miles in cyberspace. The suspense was killing me. What would her answer be? I glanced at my handphone nervously. “What was taking her reply so long?” The ten minute wait seemed like an eternity. Millions of thoughts were running through my head like a bullet train running at 300 km/h. I was unable to compose myself. My mind kept toggling between the possibilities. Could I face the consequences? Would I be able to live with the reply?


She had caught my attention nearly three months ago. The radiant smile and soft voice captivated my heart. Even though we had only met rather recently, I felt that I had known her for the longest time. She never failed to cheer me up when I was down. That camp was where it all began. The place was littered with unfamiliar people and I was much too shy to talk to anyone when I noticed her also sitting quietly in the corner. My heart skipped a beat as she walked towards my direction. “Hi” she said, “You must be as lost as me.” I managed a weak nod and a little smile. It was, love at first sight. Months of text messages followed, and I found myself liking her more and more. 


“Beep, Beep” rang my phone. It brought me crashing back to reality. Nervously, I hit the “read” button on my phone. I was shocked. It read,


“Hey, thanks for your message. Sure. I would love to go out. Saturday, 7pm at City Hall?”


I had got my first date. 


-- End of Part I--



Take care,


Mr Goh. 

8 comments:

Camy T. said...

thanks for updating yea? anyway, kinda of miss those happy days in Hist. Lessons.... laughter and fun! take care and god bless yea?

Cheers,
Camy Tan :D

hazel noisette said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR! (:

Hazel! (:

Chloe said...

aiyo someone in love eh? :D
happy new year mr goh.

Camy T. said...

happy new year Mr Goh! :)

shermeen cheang said...

wawa... someone falling love with chioo bu wor!! come baq bss to teach 2e2 leh!! XD WE MISS U

hazel noisette said...

Mr Goh! Hurry come backT.T

Camy T. said...

Mr goh! when u coming back sia?! WE MISS YOU! come back asap! :):):)

Cammie!

hazel noisette said...

Yeah! You came back to bendemeer hurray! You taking what class?