Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meeting up with ex-classmates

I had a very interesting today. Its been ten years since i left secondary school and i had a rare opportunity to meet up with some of my classmates from ten years ago. Indeed, I have not seen this group of people for the past decade. Unfortunately, it was under less than pleasant circumstances. One of my ex-classmate's mother had passed away over the weekend and we met up to offer our condolences. Yes, it was nice meeting up with everyone again, but it was at a not-so-nice place. A pity, but also a promise to meet up under better circumstances. I did not recognize a single face when we first met. Gosh - that's how much we all changed.

It was really funny when we started discussing secondary school life. How we used to make fun of our teachers, and cause lots of trouble. We could even recall so many specific events that happened which weren't so funny at that time. But looking back, it was terrifically entertaining.  Hindsight also gives 20/20 vision. So yah, i laughed until my cheekbones hurt. But it was all good fun. Throughly enjoyable.

I really hope that ten years from now, my students will meet up and have a good laugh over their school days... I think that would be awesome...

Take care and stay safe

Mr Goh

No comments: