Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What motivates you?

I had a really fun time in class today. It was a super long day for me, and I just fell into the sofa in the staff room at the end of the day. Dead tired. It was hectic, but fun. I was discussing the morals of 'Kungfu Panda' in class, and it was quite remarkable. The master shifu discovered what motivated Po and used that to train him. In this case, it was food. Indeed, the master shifu learnt to speak the language of his student and was able to connect with him on that level, now that is what i call a superb teacher. There was no secret to Po's success and skills other than himself. 

All of us have at least one thing that motivates us. For some people, it is good grades, for some, it is an overseas holiday, for some, it is money. Let's face it, we're all people, and we need things to motivate us. For me, what motivates me is when i see my students do well. Nothing brings more satisfaction to my heart than to see my students putting in their best effort and doing well. But ultimately, the effort must come from you personally.

Thinking back, I wasn't a very good student last time either. I didn't really put in much effort to study until I was sent overseas - that was when i realized how important my studies were. From there on, I made an entirely fresh new start and decided to work hard. Thankfully, I had a chance to redeem myself and start afresh. 

Don't waste your life, give it your best shot, and live with no regrets.

No comments: