Monday, June 2, 2008

Movie Review

Hi 2N3,

Just a reminder to do your holiday homework. I'll give you guys a sample of a movie review today, and i'll give you guys a sample of the reader's digest review sometime next week. Do check back here for details.

Movie Review - Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull is the fourth movie in the Indiana Jones Series. After nearly a twenty year absence, Indiana is back with Harrison Ford still as energetic as ever. I particularly enjoyed the movie as it invoked feelings of nostalgia as I grew up watching Indiana Jones. Indeed, Indiana Jones was the very movie that inspired me to read up more about ancient civilizations. The adventure mixed in together with the knowledge of Indiana is truly amazing. The movie is good clean fun.

I liked the movie as it promoted very good values. These values include the importance of studying, staying in school, helping your friends, keeping your word. I especially like it because it downplays love. Too many movies these days emphasize love. Love, is over-rated. Nonetheless, my favorite quote from the movie is this, 'I guess the treasure is not gold, its knowledge.' As a teacher, this resonates with me. But in the end, all the gold is destroyed, but the only thing remains is this, that we are wiser.

My favorite character is Indiana Jones played by Harrison Ford. He put up a stirling performance despite his age. He still has the charm and charisma that is needed for the role of Indiana Jones. Smart, yet adventurous and athletic. I throughly enjoyed the performance and I truly recommend it to anyone who wants to watch a good movie.

OK... that's all for now.

No comments: