Thursday, July 17, 2008

Of awesome students with terrific hearts

To be completely honest, when i first received my posting order to Bendemeer Secondary School, i was somewhat stunned. I wasn't expecting to go to a secondary school as i was told that i would be put for Junior College. But as things would turn out, there was no mistake about my posting and God had it all planned out from the beginning.

I have learnt so much in this school and i would not trade it for anything else. The students that i have come into contact with have just been so awesome that i am left speechless. Well, i was left almost in tears today. They really touched my heart. I kinda knew about the farewell party for me beforehand, but i definitely wasn't prepared for what was to happen in the classroom. As i walked in, the class was dark and i was really surprised when i was presented with a sheet of well-wishers from everyone in the class. It really touched me. (I'm going to be framing this up and i will put it on my wall in my room at home as a reminder to myself of what a privilege it is to have taught such a class. It will almost remind me of why i became a teacher) I am truly so blessed.

As i read some of the cards, i can feel tears welling up in my eyes already. Gosh, i'm gonna miss these students so bad. Sometimes, i teach and i wonder if any learning had taken place at all. Yesh, sometimes i get frustrated as well, but at the end of this, i look back and i realize how lovely students are at heart. I am glad. :) It is this sort of stuff that will take a person very far in life. Be nice and people will be nice to you.

I don't know how i'm gonna handle tomorrow. I don't want to know. To a certain extent, i don't really want to leave this school, but at the same time, i want to go off and study to improve my teaching methods. These students, deserve only the best from me. Hence, i've gotta give them my best. 

I won't disappoint you class. I'm gonna study hard and do really well.

Take care and stay safe (yes Camy)

Mr Goh

1 comment:

Camy T. said...

haha.....lolx...

take care and all the best for your future endeavours!!!


Camy Tan 1E2