Sunday, July 27, 2008

Unfit..

I ran 2.4km today. Its been awhile since i last ran a real 2.4km on a proper track with proper timing. In fact, its been almost a year since i last took my IPPT. And today's results were less than satisfying, in fact, it was dismal. I clocked a total of 11 minutes and 50 seconds. Not good at all. My last timing was 10 minutes and 20 seconds. In other words, i am running too slowly. 

For those of you that don't know, i am supposed to be the team captain for the NIE director's relay. Basically, its a group of 4 guys and 2 girls (6 in total) each running 2.4km in the fastest time possible in order to win $300. The task looks daunting considering that we have only about three weeks left to train. I'm not sure about the rest, but i hope they're faster than me. I'm starting off on a really lousy note. I guess there's much more room for improvement.... Time for the daily running sessions again... No more slacking....

Sighz. Time to get my fitness back...

On a separate note, i bought a new CD from Hillsong. Its entitled 'This is our God', and its absolutely fabulous. I'm definitely enjoying these songs. With previous Hillsong CDs, its taken me awhile to like the music. But with this one, its different. The songs really captivated me from the first time... A definite buy if you're Christian...

Take care and stay safe

Mr Goh

3 comments:

hazel noisette said...

2.4km!! Help me run Mr GOH~~~

Camy T. said...

Mr. Goh u came back finally! u were so red! haha i was upstairs in red n white too! anw thanks for coming back! take care...

Camy Tan ^^

hazel noisette said...

Yea!! MR GOHHIE~!! Finally u visited us. But u didnt see us as choir members were upstairs.. Y didn't u looked up:@..:}